Reports to: Quality Manager
Key job tasks
- Conduct safe launch/100% final quality audits as assigned by Quality Manager.
- Monitor product quality by sampling parts during production runs including gaging.
- Maintain daily inspection summary reports from Inspection area. Consolidate and prepare these reports for review with Quality and Production Managers.
- Immediately advise both the Quality Manager and Production Manager when there are repetitive, out-of-specification conditions being encountered in Production.
- Work closely in a Team atmosphere with Shift Leaders and Production Team Members to ensure Quality goals are met.
- Lead person in packaging and labeling all standard OEM Service (GM, MBUSI, Nissan, Chrysler) and Export shipments (Nissan P42K Russia, Chrysler K4 China).
- Assist as backup Quality Technician as applicable to training on a temporay basis.
- Assist Quality Technician with daily Tensile Test on production parts using the laboratory Tensile Tester and ensure data is logged and results posted at work cells.
- Monitor / Audit production boards for accuracy to include work instructions and inspection plans.
- Conduct either Layered Process Audits and / or Internal Audits as requested.
- Assist in daily Inbound and outbound shipment audits for accuracy.
- Assist Quality Technician with Receiving inspection of components as described within the inspection plans.
- Any other task pertaining to the job as may be assigned by Management.
- Place all garbage/waste and recyclable materials in correct containers and/or locations.
- When dealing with liquids or chemicals of any kind, it is the responsbility of each employee to be familiar with handling instructions.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment within the company’s facilities, parking lots, and grounds.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Work primarily is performed in a production environment and will be exposed to conditions (e.g., heat, cold) normally encountered in a production environment
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry, move, push and/or pull up to 35 pounds
- Ability to remain stable when bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, carrying, reaching, standing, moving, and/or positioning one’s self
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to see and hear, with or without correction
- Dexterity of hands and fingers required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Basic requirements and qualifications
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic math skills required and Geometry/Trigonometry skills preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- A minimum of one-year previous experience with Mayser products preferred.
- Hands-on technical aptitude and experience.
- High school diploma or similar (GED)
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in Quality preferred.
Quality Inspector - 2021 (208.71 KB)
Paid-time off: Personal days and vacation days
Strong benefit package
short-term and long-term disability insurance
401K retirement with company match
- Internal continuous education training
- Competitive pay
Send us your resume
Apply now via e-mail or visit us on indeed.Apply now
Please contact us.